High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
@ Iblieve, Your welcome my friend!, I can really understand your point of view here on what brand and model cables on what brand, type solid state or tube, model of equipment that all mentioned cables, including High-fidelity cables were used, thats smart to want to know that!, going by the rule of thumb, All cables are system dependent!, Happy listening to all Here.
FFS this thread has turned into a real secret girls club. What`s wrong with you guys???(excluding Calvinj and few others)
Firstly I agree, from my experience, High Fidelity cables is kinda special. Obviously better than MOST under virtually any circumstance...... but cmon now! If a gentleman is interested in our experience with other cables in W/E system and W/E circumstance, or regardless of, then why not.... who cares?! You guys are really that concerned you are going to lead some innocently inquiring gentleman astray or something? We`re all big boys with big toys and obviously some somewhat big wallets.... so chill out! I`m sure we all understand variables and percentages which can make things very difficult for any accurate general assessment blah blah blah. So what. We hear this a million times. I even say it myself. I just read all these posts above dribbling on about why we shouldn`t reveal our past cables and I must say I`m bored to death yet kind of stunned. By now you all could have listed at least some, with or with out extra details, and just got on with it. If someone makes some sense from it then great. If not then so be it. These things are sometimes interesting/fun to know(remember the old audioreview.com days) and sometimes just sometimes actually can help! This is partially what these forums are supposed to be about. Don`t we have enormously enough control dictatorship in this `hide everything from the masses` messed up world already? Now it has pretty much entered a audio cable thread lol. Well this is just dandy. FWIW I will join Calvin and list some myself next time I get on here. It`s been a long time between cables for me. Regarding IC`s I have currently settled on, as some of you already know, older generation Teo liquid MkII(latest greatest Teo Ref$ coming) but shall check out HF again(CT-1U model) at a later date. Will be auditioned on a SOTA highly accurate 114db-sensitive short signal path open baffle horn system. Straight from 768kHz DAC into speaker baffle mounted amps(enclosed in large phase plugs) which are isolated from the open 3x 15" drivers firing from behind(woofers don`t touch baffle). . Of course would be happy to provide any extra specific detail on past cables or w/e if anyone is interested. Ok carry on with all the justifications for secretly withholding innocently requested harmless relevant possibly interesting information. Have fun *rolls eyes*
Iblieve, My last set of speaker cables was Jena Labs twin 19.
Each of the 4 cables (+,-, L, R) have 19 runs of Jena wire in them.
I was using them because they were the best cables I had heard to that point (35 years of listening). They sounded better than Jorma Prime and Audioquest Rosewood in my system.
The HF cable was such a vast improvement in all categories it was like listening to a completely different (and much better) audio system. Micro detail, soundstage imaging, texture, intimacy, naturalness, dynamics like I have never heard anywhere in all my years of listening. I did not know a sound like this was even possible!!! Everyone who hears my system is awed every time we turn it on.
I have all Ultimate cables in my system and an Ultimate Reference Power Conditioner and I'm amazed every day.
I have done some system retuning to enhance the system with these cables.
The cables have a long break in time.

As I recall, only a few posts in 448 posts had even a doubt about HF cables.

Sorry you are out in the boon docks and can't get an easy audition.
I hope you work out a way soon as High Fidelity Cables are terrific!!!
Happy Listening
Dave
I have had CT-1 ic's in my system for slightly under a year with excellent results. I replaced Virtual Dynamic Exodus and Genesis cables. Prior to the VD's I used FIM Gold's throughout. I have owned a variety of cables including Siltech FTM gold and silver, early generation Elrod, early Wireworld, mid-line Audioquest, NBS, Purist Dominus and Proteus, early mid-grade MIT's...and these are the ones I remember. I also auditioned a set of Indras for about a week.

These cables have contributed to the evolution of an audio system, which includes many, many component changes, spanning the last 25 years. This leads me to submit similar declarations as from those above, in that, the cable must be considered part of the aggregate system. Knowing of these previously used cables, in my opinion, offers little to base a decision on their system synergy until inserted into that specific system.

That being said, the CT-1's presented an openness, frequency extension, and depth of stage without the glare, stridency or haziness some of the other cables introduced.

In the summer I added a Hidiamond 8 speaker cable...a cable that continues to improve with break-in and performs extremely well in my system. With the success of the CT-1 ic's and the suggestions to complete a full loom I recently supplanted the HD with a High Fidelity Enhanced speaker cable. The cable has merely 25 hours on it, but initial observations may prove to be a bad fit. The loss of gain has required an increase in volume setting that I am uncomfortable with. I assume break-in will deliver improvements in delineation, separation, and density. But, at least for now those qualities are lacking, especially in comparison to the Hidiamond.

I hope the cables come around to equal the benefits of the HF ic's. I will give them another 50 hours before making final judgement. Unfortunately, due to a tube amp the play time is limited to 5 hours per day.
@ everyone. Remember things are system dependent a lot of the times. Some things will match and others won't. For example, the hi fidelity ct1 cables and eric love romance cables are both great cables but it depends on what kind of system you put them in. They will work depending on your system.