do fancy fuses help?

wondering if there is any consensus whether expensive fuses, e.g. hi-fi tuning ceramic, really do help and are worth the money. is it like power cord voodoo (that is, they can make an audible improvement, logic be damned), or is there a theory behind why they might improve things? My amp uses 6 fuses, so a $250 experiment is only "cheap" upgrade by our insane audiophile standards.
128x128lloydc
The simple and inexpensive way to establish whether it's worth it or not is to, if your equipment uses stock glass fuses, replace all of those with ceramic fuses and if you have a cryo vendor locally, to cryo those ceramics. If you cryo, you'll have to go through a bit more burn in than non cryo (probably 2-3 weeks) but it's going to be a simple procedure to go back to the stock glass and compare.

I have not progressed beyond the above, which can be done very economically, and, IMO represents a decent sonic upgrade: even non cryoed ceramics represent a pretty big step forward from standard glass.

If you have 6-7 glass fuses to replace, they can be replaced in ceramic for well under $20 and I would suggest that you'll find significant improvement. If not, you're out $20.
I wonder if Building-Ships-In-Bottles discussion boards are as meshuge as audiophile discussion boards.
Do tell anyone, I melted my wife's wedding ring and created a specracular gold plated fuse. It really took my system to a whole new level. Stay tuned for my full blown review.
Tvad- Could you define, "meshuge" for us? Well: You lost me and my Funk and Wagnall's anyway.