High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Hi Tbg,
Does Rick's Wave Guide Power Conditioner have a similar system impact as the Tripoint Troy or is the effect dissimilar? I realize they're two different approaches/ concepts. Given my High Fidelity CT-1Ulitimate experience I'd imagine that the Wave Guide is "special" as the Tripoint has certainty proven to be.
Thanks,
Charles,
Thanks for those who understand my demand.
Rating a cable with words like "excellent soundstage, deep bass, wider..." Is pointless cause you can use the exact same words with many other cables. It's only marketing!
I didn't heard every cables on the planet but having a clue on the system used and on the previous cables give a pattern for the reader. Knowing what kind of music was used during the test is also an interesting information.
Given beacons are not vain for many of us sailors lost in the vast ocean of hifi's choices. Listening is the shortest way, but there is so many to listen to... Help us save some time!
@ Petieboy12003, Hi, I am interested in knowing what brand and model, year, of speakers you have mentioned, I know that this is a cable thread, I cannot help my self, Lol!, I like horn speakers, I do not own a pair currently, I use to own a pair!, I am a JBL user, thou the model I have has no horns, the top shelf models in the jbl camp are some of the very best speakers money can buy today!, they are Horn speakers.
Thanks Jwm.
OK I`ll have one more shot simply because Tbg thinks everything is irrelevant when actually EVERYTHING is relevant!!
Einstein once said that everything is relevant, and making things relevant is key to being able to deal with an ever increasing picture.

Firstly if any previous cables have in fact been mentioned before then is it so hard to just post the web address of those posts?
Err,Tbg, why sucha kill joy? Havn`t your latest points already been made clear?
You wasted a full paragraph reiterating your justifications when you could have just listed those 15 cables lol. Don`t list your past cables then dude, if it is such a big deal, but can you also stop trying to be controlling and righteous maybe. Negative vibes.

Ok I`ll try to spell it out with some obvious examples since I have a bit of spare time right now. Havn`t dribbled on here for a while so why not.

What if someone might be on the verge of buying some cable, cable might happen to be on my previous cable list, and at the same time interested in HF. Now seeing this cable listed by me, and seeing how I preferred HF, now he may think twice and research more or ask questions which he may not have before. It is a cop out to simply tell someone to just go try them all for themselves(even though it`s obviously the best way) and nothing more. Or to simply state one cables superiority and nothing more.
What if someone is inexperienced and or someone with limited FUNDS figures out brands such as Teo and HF are benchmark brands and comes to this thread to get some advice from experienced users as to which lesser cables `might` be close or good choice. Regardless of or considering his specific system or w/e.
What if someone doesn`t want to go through what most of us have. How does he get advise? Go read some reviews? But reviews are somewhat `irrelevant` due to all the points guys like Tbg have made over and over right. Same thing goes for all our past experiences with cables apparently. Of course there will always be little agreement. Was there meant to be? That would make this cable fascination ..... well much less fascinating to say the least now wouldn`t it. Sure it is hard to make heads or tails sometimes. BUT with some tools such as research on specific users and components and tastes etc,connecting dots,process of elimination,cross examination,logic,common sense,interaction with guys(like us), intuition?, and of course your own experiences, one may sooner or later feel more confident to make a choice. Maybe even end up quite happy with himself. How do you go through these processes with nothing to feed off? All this can simply be fun even if the outcome is not always great. Isn`t it part of the adventure? Learning? Like life? I used to love reading all this controversial stuff even if it cann be frustrating. Still do sometimes. Who`s been there I wonder? There are many grey area circumstances where advise from us `could` help in some way or might just be interesting. The wheel keeps spinning....
What if someone googles one of these other previous cables, which others or myself happen to mention here, and finds this thread? Now all of a sudden some interest could/should spark. Listing previous cables here can help others get closer to the greatness of HF.
I KNOW how good HF is, as a past user, and I havn`t even heard their top of the line yet like you other guys. I feel very good about myself knowing I may have helped steer someone to the likes of HF.... Similar situation with Teo.

Quote from my old Teo HF thread here on Audiogon by member Essoteric -
"I'd like to add that the Teo has gotten even better. I've spent more time listening to music these last 4 weeks then ever before. I'm like a heroin addict, I just can't get enough. It's the best invesment I've made in my audio gear and I've spent thousands of dollars. It's not that my system didn't sound good before, it did. It's just that I would play music and sit back and read a book. Now reading is out of the question because the music completely draws you in, this cable is soooo good. That was the missing link.
I'll be forever indebted to you Petieboy for your excellent review that led me to this cable."
Ok so I only helped one guy make a tough decision to spend X-amount of dollars blindly on a frigging cable. But I felt so good about it after reading that post with Essoteric thanking me. Less info or less compliance.... Essoteric, and maybe others, might not be experiencing such audio bliss today. If you can only reach one person.....

Yea yea I know....that isn`t relevant either right.

Anyway, for what ever reason, simply seeing other previous cables does in fact sometimes help! Isn`t it plainly clear and undeniable once you actually think about it and maybe stop thinking about yourself? Hey there`s a thought.
People have been elaborating all sorts of experiences with current/past cables for years all over the net. Why should it stop here because some of us on high horse decide it is simply not relevant any more.
Hey, maybe it`s relevant to others for some reason! Ever consider this?
Should those reasons be assumed, ridiculed, ignored or even beat down! Can`t we just happily comply and try to help others and maybe have some fun in the process .....god forbid.
I actually found that SC effects seem to `change` more than IC cables through various systems.
I have read some logical technical info focusing on various SC design/amp/speaker interaction etc regarding this too.
For me, the same IC`s seem to give me quite similar results through different systems(similar inherent flavor, neutral+or- etc) of course just on different levels and maybe slight changes here and there.
Cables such as Teo and HF... well yea... much higher level here(more real instruments, voices,venues etc.)

Regarding ones own system - to a trained ear accompanied by various personal familiarities.... once again yes I do think we can assess `some` relevance with past cables which may indeed help others.

Some IC`s I have used. More or less in order.
Audioquest Anaconda with Eichmann silver(had fun with this one in my youth lol)
Yamamura 6000
Audioquest Sky
Stereovox600
Harmonix CI
Wolff S/G/C
Ridge Street P sig
Cardas Golden everything
Huffmann
Audience SE
DCCA
Nordost Val/TYR
Jungson Golden Dragon
Zcable Live V5
Clarity cable Organic
Siltech G7
Gabriel Gold Reflection
Acoustic Zen Absolute
MIT Oracle
SR Element
ASI liveline
Fusion romance I/II
Lenehan Ribbontek
Shunyata Aurora
Acoustic Revive SE
Kubala Elation
NBS Omega
Audio note Sogon
Ocellia Sig(thanks for the lend J)
Stealth Indra(ditto)
Shunyata Ztron
(I have interest in MG audio new silver SC atm)
There`s a few brands of IC`s I thought off the top of my head.
Most of the above listed I would say were much of a muchness for me, simply different flavors and sides of neutrality. A few consistently stood out a bit more in one way or another. Best bang for buck IC I have had IMO would likely be Gabriel gold Reflection line and Lenehan(both around 300 or so used).
Regardless of $ and without getting into specifics, unless of course someone asks, I can honestly and easily say that compared to all other cables I tried Teo and HF have had the biggest positive effect for me in every way and, for now, I will be sticking with them!