High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
I actually found that SC effects seem to `change` more than IC cables through various systems.
I have read some logical technical info focusing on various SC design/amp/speaker interaction etc regarding this too.
For me, the same IC`s seem to give me quite similar results through different systems(similar inherent flavor, neutral+or- etc) of course just on different levels and maybe slight changes here and there.
Cables such as Teo and HF... well yea... much higher level here(more real instruments, voices,venues etc.)

Regarding ones own system - to a trained ear accompanied by various personal familiarities.... once again yes I do think we can assess `some` relevance with past cables which may indeed help others.

Some IC`s I have used. More or less in order.
Audioquest Anaconda with Eichmann silver(had fun with this one in my youth lol)
Yamamura 6000
Audioquest Sky
Stereovox600
Harmonix CI
Wolff S/G/C
Ridge Street P sig
Cardas Golden everything
Huffmann
Audience SE
DCCA
Nordost Val/TYR
Jungson Golden Dragon
Zcable Live V5
Clarity cable Organic
Siltech G7
Gabriel Gold Reflection
Acoustic Zen Absolute
MIT Oracle
SR Element
ASI liveline
Fusion romance I/II
Lenehan Ribbontek
Shunyata Aurora
Acoustic Revive SE
Kubala Elation
NBS Omega
Audio note Sogon
Ocellia Sig(thanks for the lend J)
Stealth Indra(ditto)
Shunyata Ztron
(I have interest in MG audio new silver SC atm)
There`s a few brands of IC`s I thought off the top of my head.
Most of the above listed I would say were much of a muchness for me, simply different flavors and sides of neutrality. A few consistently stood out a bit more in one way or another. Best bang for buck IC I have had IMO would likely be Gabriel gold Reflection line and Lenehan(both around 300 or so used).
Regardless of $ and without getting into specifics, unless of course someone asks, I can honestly and easily say that compared to all other cables I tried Teo and HF have had the biggest positive effect for me in every way and, for now, I will be sticking with them!
Petieboy12003 I see you used Siltech G7 how would you compare to what you have now. I use to use the Siltech as well.
Ummm apologies for the waterfall rant above guys!
Probably allot of what I said was unnecessary and maybe a bit too blunt or rude,Tbg, but I mean well and speak from the heart.
Was just feeling a bit annoyed. I simply don`t agree with withholding this kind off innocent stuff or attempts(no matter how small) to shut people`s free thinking .
Previous cable talk is freely discussed everywhere else and it`s about helping others too if possible right.
Didn`t mean to seemingly hijack the thread!
Let this not interfere with all the ongoing HF discussions.
All you guys here are obviously experienced and happy HF users which is great! Maybe some of us just try to open up a bit more maybe?
To me these forums should be not only focused on general discussions to related main topic but also helping others as much as possible and complying to any questions without trying to enforce any kind of control of any sort. A few guys were obviously getting a bit peeved and frustrated. Understandably so. Including myself obviously.
Even though it`s all not really a big deal. But still. I do like reading here occasionally to see all the positive HF comments as I like HF too. Was just getting a bit... you know.....

We could start a new link `past cable` thread for some of us daring or maybe silly enough to wander into the `irrelevant` dark side? lol
Peace.
Jwm In all honesty, G7, I had least of all time with probably from all of the cables mentioned.
Considering all, I am very prepared to say would not compare to what I have now in any way!

I sometimes keep cables for longer than I should and also re-visit past cables again with new systems. Thanks to willing guys here in Australia and even some over-seas on occasions. We sometimes swap cables for a few weeks or so to try help each other out trying to assess a bit better and give some past cables another chance. So far I have experienced no new revelation of any sort. Nothing to rave about anyway. All things considered.

Anyway, G7 was not one of those I re-visited.
FWIW I will say I thought it compared with the GG reflection I had at the time but GG was better value(got it very cheap) and I did prefer GG slightly at the time. In all fairness most of these cables I listed were much of a muchness to me. Some of them standing out in one way one or another but never did I feel there was any sort of completeness compared to what I heard with Teo or HF, all things considered.
HF might seem a bit thin to some at first but no doubt it is simply accurate! Which is what it is all about to me.
Considering all familiarization's and the process I try to use, as explained in other post,I am confident to say G7 is not as fast open as HF IMO rendering it somewhat congested closed less involving in comparison. Wouldn`t be as clean either. I remember thinking that I had no real desire to re-visit Siltech again even though at the time my system sounded quite musical with it installed. I thought it was over-priced in relation to perceived performance. I have not heard Siltech`s latest or top offerings but have read some positive comments from users expressing good results. In all reality I have my doubts. HF and Teo(apparently way better than other liquid brand) really do have unique designs which I believe simply surpass the usual various cocktail metal conductor/shielding designs.
Although still good in ways I see/hear more clearly now how all other deigns I`ve tried are more on the `much of a muchness` scale. Teo and HF are a big leap beyond them IMO.
Hard to explain but yea. We truly don`t know how good something sounds until we hear something clearly better.
In a budget orientated system I would personally choose something like GG Ref(can get for around $300 used now)or ASI(another good buy used IMO) higher on my list than G7. Depending on exact system though - there I said it. Haha
Sorry I can`t add much more than this regarding G7.
What a list of high end cables Petieboy!!! I was interested in the Elation as well. Can you tell us if you possess the CT1's IC or an enhanced version of it?