What year did tube lose to SS

There was a major paradigm shift when CD became the media of choice I think it happened in 1982. All of sudden I went to the recprd stores and found CDs instead.
Similarly although I was too young to remember first hand, there had to be a year that saw the golden era of HI FI all tubed mostly stereo gave way to Transistor or Solid State. Please take a guess. I have no statistic but I think it was 1964. Was that The year when more SS amps were produced than tubed amps?
mechans
For me I bailed out of tubes in 1976 with the release of the Threshold Stasis 3. At the time once I heard that amp,I sold off all my tube gear and haven't looked back. My neighbor at the time went with Levinson ML2 mono blocks. In my opinion this is when solid state finally came of age.
Yes, it was probably somewhere in the 1965 to 1970 time-frame, hastened by the commercial success of a lot of poor sounding made-in-Japan solid state gear, which the leading American manufacturers from the golden era of tube hifi were not successful competing against.

Among the leading American manufacturers of tube equipment during the "golden age," based on a quick Google search, Avery Fisher sold his company in 1969; H. H. Scott in 1973, after producing (or at least selling) solid state gear for several years, without much success; Saul Marantz in 1964 (hastened by financial problems, apparently caused largely by the development and production costs of the legendary 10B tuner).

McIntosh exists to this day, of course, pretty much in its original incarnation (although now under foreign ownership). Among their earliest solid state products, I believe, were the MC50 power amp introduced in 1969, and the C24 preamp introduced in 1964.

A separate but related question is when did solid state gear began to be competitive in sonic terms, by audiophile standards. Other readers of this thread may be interested in the following thread from a few months ago, to which you made some good contributions:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1236884200

Regards,
-- Al
I went to college in 1973 & SS was definitely outselling tubes back then. So I think it was between 1965 & 1970. My hearing is definitely becoming worse and I can hear things I couldn't with SS in my better daze at low loudness levels.
I bought a McIntosh MA5100 SS integrated in early 1967 which was one of their earliest SS products as I remember. I believe this was one of the first "high end" solid state units in the industry. Looking back, I wish I had bought a tube set instead.
The late '60's was when I noticed tubes disappearing in favour of solid state at an accelerated rate. Even earlier for things like radios. I can't put a specific year on it. I bought my first "high end" amp in '71. It was a second hand Fisher, already a couple of years old. No tubes in it. I can't remember everything else I was looking at at that time, but I don't remember seeing tubes other than McIntosh. Even then the thought of buying something with tubes seemed "old fashioned".