mundorf supreme caps vs m caps

hi, 'i am wondering if anyone out there has done side by side listening tests of these two caps , and what are the differences between them ? I am talking about coupling caps on an amplifire. thanks, chrissain
chrissain
thanks sherod. my amps are rogue audio m150s. I done basically what rogue has done with there m180 upgrade. the m150s came with mcap 2.7 caps. rogue put in polysytrenes bypassed with .27 mundorf supremes. did not like it , so I took them out and replaced with 2.2 mundorf supreme. what ever i have done there is less body and color in the mids, they seem darker now. less forgiving. maybe its the caps, maybe its some other part of the upgrade ? thanks for any sugestions, chris
Chrissain, why did you use 2.2 uF when upgrading your caps? The original value was 2.7. This is likely the source of your problem. I suggest adding .5 uF in parallel with the 2.2 or completely replacing with 2.7.
I'm thinking that the new Mundorfs need a few hundred hours of break-in before you give a final assessment. How's the Rouge sounding lately, Chrissain?
hi, I replaced the 2.7 caps with 2.2 caps because there was an issue with size, and mark from rogue did not think that it would be a problem sonically. I think that i will try the original size again when funds allow it. thanks ,chris