Wyred 4 Sound STP

Anyone currently enjoying this gem?
madfloyd
Chipperman, you mentioned in your post that bad recordings sound worse. Why would that be a good thing? I mean, none of us have just high quality recordings only. What about the not so good recordings? What I look for in components is the ability to breath some life into them. I have ran into some components and systems that make dull, compressed and lifeless recordings improve and become enjoyable. So, does this preamp really magnify bad recordings and make it worse?
I think his point was that in the context of a preamp (or any other component) transparency usually is a good thing. Bad stereo equipment homogenizes sound and makes different recordings sound similar.

If a recording is bad, the better audio equipment will let you know that. If it doesn't then by default it also means that good recordings sound less good then they would through a more transparent piece of equipment.
Audioman58,

Regarding your comparison between Wyred STP vs Joule-Electra 150 - I am trying to decide between these two - could you elaborate a bit more on the differences?

For example:
1) how does the Wyred STP sound over extended listening sessions - does it ever get fatiguing?
2) are they both equally warm and musical?

The Wyred has a lot of conveniences, but I want to make sure its enjoyable music-wise.

Also, out of curiousity have you ever had a chance to compare these to some of the zero-feedback preamps such as Ayre or Simaudio?
Hello The Joule electra is more romantic and on the warm side the Wyred is more snap and detail but the layering of instruments is not as pronounced with the wyred for sound .
but has a quicker more defined presentation
It all comes down to what type of ampliifer you have ,and speakers ,and cables I used to build systems and I take all factors into this,also you did not mention your budget.
Yu can email me the details if you would like.