High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Calvinj..thanks for asking..i have about 80 hrs on the 2 new matched pairs of Psvane WE 845s on my amps and to say they are great would be an understatement.I was torn between getting the Elrogs or the Psvane tubes . i was very impressed after talking with Rachel at 'Grant Fidelity' and thus chose the latter.They apparently take over 100 hrs to sound their best but the improvement in my system's sound is amazing.I did not think it could get better. my previous tubes..Shuguangs were at about 8K as to hrs on them so i wanted to get a new matched pair and then use the Shuguangs as spares...just in case.....i have an order in to the Cable Company to demo Rick's new CT-1 PCs ..2 of them..when the current loaner is finished...that should be fun. i did not want to demo them at the same time as i was trying to assess the sound of the tubes ..so i waited..thanks for the question..
Rlawry,Systems, ears, and perceptions vary. That is why I travel to hear other great systems. Not only hearing but trying different products and ideas.
I never did take out my other HF cables to try HF URR PC. Way to much work that I have no reason to take on.
Those who have gone from CT-1 IC or SC to Ultimate have some idea of the type and amount of improvement one can realize. Not nearly the improvement from Ultimate to Ultimate Reference. The same is true in a comparison between the UR and URR power cords. The URR is wildly better at everything.
URR seemed like the greatest improvement of all HF stuff in my system.
I've added a second then a third URR and each made my system much more amazing. I heard the same improvements in Norms system when he added a fifth URR. Much more solid and real image. more intimate, musical, effortless, involving, awe inspiring, joyous!
Norm and I have extremely different systems, taste in music, and listening style but both were greatly improved with each URR.
Are systems are similar in that we both have the latest version of the HF UR WGPC (power filter), full loom of UR cables and all URR power cords.
Norm and I both have URR power cords plugged into
our HF UR WGPC then URR's out of the WGPC to components. This means we have 3 magnetic devices back to back on the power side.
Crazy? possibly. Crazy Good? Definitely!! Best ever! No going back!
Point is, what we are hearing/ describing, could be much different than other folks are experiencing.
"HF Cables - More is Better!!" ;-) D
Calvinj, Glad your liking your new speakers and happy your having fun!! I did look at them online and there is a lot of nice things said about them.
I got new speakers last week. They are prototypes and I am working on them to see how good I can make them. I've made them sound much better already. I've already removed 8 things that dulled the sound, changed 2 things that made the sound too sharp. and added 20+ things to get tighter response. I am mentally designing an improved vibration damping system to isolate the top cabinet. I have some additional shielding and damping to try.
The new speakers sound better in the Highs and have lower Bass than my last ones.
I'm also starting improving the sound of my High Fidelity cables by fitting Star Sound racks under the waveguides. More to do as I have 7 waveguides now and may have 10 soon.
@ddraudt. The gato company seems to be taking a fresh and different approach. I like that. I guess that's why high fidelity intrigued me initially. Very motivated people to make a great product. The realism in my interconnect is amazing the is a great amount of air in my treble and decay. The piano runs are just lovely and popping.