High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
What is this realism that is referred to?

How can anyone measure how close to it they are?

Having heard many live events of many kinds in many venues over the years, including various live instruments at home, I know that each sounds different based on many factors as do systems meant to reproduce recordings.

I can understand someone perceiving their rig sounds better than before or not but not how to measure % of realism.

If I had to I'd say mine sounds 98% real. Of course teh recording alone has a lot to do with how real or not something might sound.

Also most of us especially those who are older have limits to their hearing well under the 20khz HF upper bound that most systems have attempted to reproduce with various degrees of success since the beginning of hifi. Assuming a component does extend beyond to start, how can any of us hear it? Are you asking your dog?

Sounds like a bunch of meaningless hyperbole to me with absolutely nothing concrete to substantiate it even possible.

Just spend more money on HF products and one can extend teh limits of nature itself I suppose.

What a bunch of c--p.
Jmcgrogan2, How High Fidelity ct-1 or ct-1E compare TO kci silkworm + se? I am thiking about upgrade but relactant to part with KCI. Thank you.
Tbg, I really enjoyed your post. Thanks! I surely got the point and have experienced this myself that todays improvements bring unimaginable realism.In the 70's I worked in live music venues and audio recording studios so I had live music and recording studio music to learn from. I had a very good system 35 years ago and it sounded like the musicians were in the room. Uncanny! I've been actively involved it getting more of that uncanny realism since. A thousand improvements later, I'm still awed by how much better it can sound.
Congratulations on the sound of your current system! It is truly a Magnificent sound (so real)! I agreed with your friend Miguel that one will not hear a sound that impressive in an audio store or at an Audio Show.
I'd love to have a Tripoint grounding system. I've heard it's amazing improvements to your system. (Caution Readers- we're talking about other expensive items) I've very happy for you and glad I heard the upgrades. Enjoy!! D
Jmcgrogan2, I too am at the highest percentage in non-basic components since hearing HFC and Tripoint.

Mapman, obviously there are no measures, but one can hear the decay of notes, precisely locate the performers, hear the ambiance of the hall or studio, and hear human presence with their lips, shuffling, fingering the basses and horns.

There is scientific evidence that humans are aware of ultra high frequencies even if their brain show no auditory awareness. Michael Fremer posted about this article which I knew of some time ago. But on my system you can hear the decay of notes when the HFCs are used and not with other cables I have.

I am not posting to convince you, merely to give my take. Doubt it at your peril for all I care. But if you want proof come to my house and hear it.
Calvinj, Glad you are having great listening fun. I feel better with the music playing so it is on all the time now. My system now is so inspiring, soothing, uplifting, involving, amazing that I listen more than ever before. ;-) ;-) ;-).
I hope you find the time to visit me, Norm and others.
Cheers D