High power amp reccomendations, airy highs a must

I'm needing a new 2ch power amp that can EASILY offer 300 or more watts into 4 ohms. Must have airy extended highs and well controlled bass. Resolution preferred over the warm glow sound, BUT NO CLINICAL ETCHED highs that are often thought of as resolution! Oh yeah ... I don't need it to cost a fortune. Used is just fine as well. NO TUBES
Thanks
timtim
I like the coda and mccormack recommendations so I will add
Belles and Odyssey into the mix;what speakers are you going to be driving with the new amp?
A couple of questions:
What is your budget?
What speakers will you drive, with what sensitivity?
Will you be running single ended or balanced?
What is your pre, with what output impedance?
What wiring do you use?
What music do you enjoy listening to?

Regards, G.
To answer a few questions ... I'm driving PSB Stratus Silver i speakers via Goertz MI2 bi wire speaker cables. Pre-pro is a Reference B&K, front end is a Lexicon RT-20 with 7 nines solid silver interconnects.
I consider my system pretty much neutral to my ears with very few minor sins, if any. Only thing I'd like to see improved is a little air in the highs and a little more taut and controlled bass/mid-bass. This has been well documented to be the hallmark of the Stratus speakers, but changing them is not an option, as I have heard NO speaker that can play as loud, sound as real on drums and stay musical at any level .... at least that I can afford. I'm fairly sure a change to a more resolving power amp with a high level of bass control and airy, extended highs will get me that last little bit. Problem is: My budget maxes out at $2000. Used will probably be a must.
I've also considered replacing the tweeters with a world class tweeter from Scan, but have NO IDEA how it would mate with the rest of my speakers in the cabinets.
Yeah ... a Bryston 4BSST was a HIGHLY looked amp I considered, but they are really too pricey for my budget. Most things I have read called the Bel Canto gear leaning to the warm and musical side, which I already have. Haven't heard McCormack's newer DNA Series though, and Belles looks interesting as well. Thanks for the reccomendations.