High power amp reccomendations, airy highs a must

I'm needing a new 2ch power amp that can EASILY offer 300 or more watts into 4 ohms. Must have airy extended highs and well controlled bass. Resolution preferred over the warm glow sound, BUT NO CLINICAL ETCHED highs that are often thought of as resolution! Oh yeah ... I don't need it to cost a fortune. Used is just fine as well. NO TUBES
Thanks
timtim
Yeah ... a Bryston 4BSST was a HIGHLY looked amp I considered, but they are really too pricey for my budget. Most things I have read called the Bel Canto gear leaning to the warm and musical side, which I already have. Haven't heard McCormack's newer DNA Series though, and Belles looks interesting as well. Thanks for the reccomendations.
Oh yeah ... Here's the funny part: I'm a true audophile who listens mostly to complex, hard rock. Think Tool, Korn, ect .... While most audiophiles will scorn this musical taste, I find systems challenged JUST AS MUCH trying to resolve this music as I find them trying to resolve Classical Symphonies.
Making Dynamics and clarity a must ... but running away from anything sounding cold and etched, as listener fatigue will be almost instant.
For approx $2100 you can get a pair of Bel canto Ref 1000 Mk.1 monoblocks. These are very good amps that are highly musical and do not get easily confused on harmonically complex material during intense passages. Ihave used the Mk.2 version on my power hungry Vienna Mahler speakers and have written a review on Positive Feedback:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue43/bel_canto_ref1000.htm
McIntosh mc252. You may find one used for @$2500 or so. This amp will easily drive your PSBs.