I need help with my Equipment addiction

I can't leave well enough alone. My most disappointing days are days like today where I sit down to listen to my system, drink some wine, and unwind and... the system sounds great. I hate that. Nothing to tweak, everything is intergrating well: Clear highs, check. Fast, deep bass, check. Digital sound good with weight and impact, Check. Vinyl sound deep and well rounded with extended highs and excellent speed, check.

That's when the trouble starts. I start thinking, "What if changed cartridges?" "Well then I need a step up transformer, or a seperate MC phono stage", "Maybe I should just look at new preamps, even thbough I love mine now", "Then I need a separate phono preamp, I've always wanted an ARC preamp", then "Hey then I could buy an ARC tube amp for the high end of the Maggies and get bi-amp them"

Does it ever stop? How can I stop the cycle? I think I'm going to drink some more wine.
macdadtexas
You aren't done. Ted Denney is charging $90k for his new speaker cable and two pairs of IC's. If this aquisition doesn't cure you, there's no hope.
You could also spring for the top Caliburn or Clearaudio tables or spend $19k for the Grand Prix Audio offering.
Pssssst, I'm better now!!!

I thought I was getting sick again when I bought a much desired from my youth, B & O Beogram 8002 a few weeks ago and: even though it worked fine I decided it should go back to Sound Smith for new interconnects, dust cover hinge and a new power cable, also a tune up. Well, while it was there I should just upgrade the cartridge to "The Voice", so I figured I was going to be into a secondary turntable for about $1800, that would sell, under the best of circumstances for about $1100, well, I sold it!!!!!!!

That means I'm better right??

Nothing else going on, so now I'm fine.

Oh, I did buy a Graham Slee Elevator and Grado The Reference 1 LO cartridge, but that was necessary. I'm not counting that as a negative.
I just beat mine, of course my kit could sound better, the key is to be happy with what you have, not what the man 'better' than you has

Listen to the music, and enjoy it, resist the urge to jump up and re position the speakers,realize that to get the last 10% corresponds to an expnonential $$$ increase in costs.

I also bought a season pass to the local symphony, hey cannot beat the sound of a 40 odd piece band playing 30 feet in front of you!
I've got a pair of reconditioned Allison Three's that you can buy - I'm sure there are 2 corners of your house that need speakers. Just walk through your house and identify the unspeakered rooms...........
Buy more music or spend more time away from the hot seat! Other wise you will ended up listening to the same tracks again and again to hear the difference between this power cable or that.

An obsessive personality is part of being an audiophile I fear. If you cannot escape the cycle, you may as well enjoy it. It could be worse...