High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
HF UR Waveguide Power Conditioner makes a bigger improvement than Ricks' cables.
Shocking to us testing the upgraded UR WGPC. But the agreement is that the big, Ultimate Reference WGPC ($16K) made a bigger improvement
that my full loom of Ultimate cables. and also deemed more critical in
other high end systems with UR cables.
Shocking because the HF cables are FAR better than all other cables I have tried in 35 years.
Hard to believe?
Only one way to tell.
Caution: do not listen if you have to give it back because that will prove impossible.
I'm looking forward to the first official review in this amazing piece.
It is surely one of the most significant improvements I've ever heard.
Ultimate vs. Ultimate Reference cable, my first comparison.
I believed that I was in for a real treat with UR cables after reading
Jack Roberts review on the Ultimate Reference cable.
And I recently got a sense of the UR with my UR power filter.
But I was not ready for what I heard.
I have had an Ultimate digital in my system for 6 months and it was superb and, by far, the best I've ever heard, a huge and amazing improvement over the Enhanced. i had reached Nirvana with my UR. power filter and could not imagine how my system could improve even though i knew it would.
I installed the UR digital for 24 hours then replaced it with the Ultimate digital. I was dumbfounded ….
The UR had made the best cable I have ever heard sound like a dime store toy.
I had already enjoyed a sound that was totally outstanding.
The new UR sound was so much more advanced that it sounded like a different system altogether. So much more ALIVE and real sounding
it seemed to transcend music reproduction altogether.
I'll let the reviewers wax poetic about the improvements in this song or that and just echo my golden eared friend response….
"IT'S WAY BETTER…… AT EVERYTHING!!!"
Tsushima1,Greetings from Austin ( other side of the pond) about a month ago you reported getting a Ultimate Reference interconnect in London and I was wondering what your thoughts were so far?
Dave
It will be interesting to see how the Trickle effect will improve the lower range High fidelity cables in the future.

Ricks company seems to be unique in that it starts off with its lowest price cables first and subsequently each cable introduction is one model higher and roughly double the cost.

Also will be interesting to see how competitors will design their cables to compete with Ricks Cables.