Wire the House A/C or get Power Conditioner?

I was thinking of wiring the house for Hi-Fi. You know, 10guage wire, separate lines for digital and amps, 20 amp breakers etc.
One of my buds asked "Why not just get a power conditioner?"
So I would like to know if a conditioner will do the same thing as new wiring?
Thanks, Scott.
abbeydog
So I would like to know if a conditioner will do the same thing as new wiring?

The answer to your question is,no,they will not do the same thing.If you do one,the other or both, I'm sure you will hear some improvement.How much,I can't say.Good luck.
I agree with Rushton and Rodman99999.
If you check out my power filtration system set up in my system on Audiogon you will see that I filter all AC power with two 5 KVA isolation transformers before the AC gets to my dedicated lines. That power feeds three different high end audio systems in the house.
I started with dedicated lines and liked what I heard with in the music. Added the Isolation transformers and the sound improved more so.
So, if you own your home I'd start with dedicated lines and good AC outlets, and then add to it as money is available.
Do both. But if money and laziness is a factor, get a regenerator and good power cables, especially to use as input to the regenerator.

The best way forward ultimately has already been outlined above. (dedicated single runs of good quality cables from your main box, with good quality outlets and conditioning/regeneration.) It all adds up in both price and performance but once it is done you can forget about it.
I think getting a dedicated circuit is undisputed, everyone agrees it is a good thing. Power conditioners are not liked by everyone and more of a matter of personal taste so I think you should wire your house first, and IMO getting the basics right is always a good start.

enjoy
Thanks for all the comments. I think I will wire the house first.
Do I use the wire from off the electicians truck, or buy special (expensive?) 10ga wire? Also where can I get the cryo'ed AC outlets?
I have also read that you shouldn't staple the wire under the house. Is that important?
Thanks, Scott