Joule - Electra: Just How Hot??

I'm considering Joule Electra mono blocs as a source of amplification. My fundamental question is not about the sonics rather this is a question for those that actually have J-E in their system: How much heat do they throw off and how do you manage--especially in the warm months of the year? Or is the heat issue not really a major problem? My room is 25 X 17 X 13 (LxW xH)with 4 air conditioning vents and 2 heat extraction ducts.
amilcar
I like the sound of the Joule OTLs. Still, I did hear one at a dealership that had a BIG quality control problem. Once in a while the amp would put out a loud pop. This occurred randomly and in both channels. It turned out that the tube sockets had gone bad, perhaps from the heat, and all of them had to be replaced. That is a very major repair on something like an OTL amp.
I have the vzn 100's and have had zero quality issues in two years' use - not one issue. The musicwood is quite nice so I have no complaints about build quality. I also have the joule LAP 150 MkII preamp and have had no quality or performance issues whatsoever. The sound is wonderful. The amps do put out some heat but it looks like you have nice high ceilings in a good sized room so it should not be anything the ac cannot handle. I switch over to a Berning amp for July and August in my room (smaller than yours especially the ceiling) - as much for the change of pace as the heat.
I own LA-300ME line stage and it is the best by far that I ever owned or even auditioned. I am thinking to change my Spectron amps to VZN-220 to run my Watt/Puppy 8. I simply like convenience of solid state amplifier; may be I will keep both.

I know Simon Thacher and his help converted Spectron from totally anarchy to functional institution with superb customer support.

This morning, I spoke with him regarding to some complained and his reply that over the time he is working with Jud - 90% - 95% of problems were with equipment 10 years old.

I LOVE Joule-Electra most of all because of heavenly sound and next due to the customer support !

Good Luck
Mike
I haven't had any problems with the VZN-160's. The preamp is
a Conrad Johnson Act 2 and I haven't had any problems with it.
Well there you have it. I guess any companies gear could fail at some point. I have been lucky so far knock on wood.