Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Thanks for that Rush! I am anxiously awaiting the arrivals of my tapes and modded machine from The Tape Project. Given what you have just described above, it should be worth the wait. This may be the only thing out there that will give my vinyl reproduction a run for it's money. In addition to the "Arnold Overture" the coming release of "Waltz For Debbie" and "Saxophone Colossus" should be a real treat.

My playback will be via a Technics 1500 with the heads reworked and the output section rewired to be fed to a Bottlehead Seduction that has been built to be a tape head preamp.
Joe (Slipknot1), based on what I heard today, I think you will be well pleased with the commitment you're making!
Sigur Ros "( )" (Fat Cat Records fatlp22)

Cowboy Junkies "The Trinity Session" (RCA/BMG Canada 8568-1-R)

Patricia Barber "Modern Cool" (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab MFSL 3-45005) 45 rpm

Beethoven "Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral"" Ormady/Philadelphia Orchestra (Columbia D7S 745) From the box set "Beethoven: The Nine Symphonies"
benjamin britten - "young person's guide to the orchestra & serenade for tenor, horn and strings," on the decca/london label cs 6398, u.k. press. conducted by benjamin britten (c1964), i absolutely love this record. found in the $1 bin at the habitat thrift store, bought on a whim, and NM/NM to boot. color me enlightened.
I love this recording and performance, too. Britten was one of the rare few composers whose efforts as a conductor of his own music created definitive performances of his works.
benjamin britten - "young person's guide to the orchestra & serenade for tenor, horn and strings," on the decca/london label