Ayre KX-R or Krell 202 with Martin Logans

Looking at adding 1 of these 2 preamps with my ML's. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. thanks
128x128topfinadv
Well I finally got the kx-r in my system for a trial. (The krell arrives next week.)Unbelievable sound. Width,soundstage a very real life presence of the vocal qualities,have to say it is probably the best sounding preamp I have had in my system. Now to audition the Krell.
Hi Top-

Did you wind up keeping the KX-R? I've been looking at one as well.

Bianci
Guildocorona, could you describe what combination when you hear KX-R, I have KX-R and MX-R in my system, paired with Tidal speakers, nothing I find they are forward and trebly, in fact, they are quite understated.

Even with my previous W/P 8, Ayre make them the most musical presentation I have ever heard. The sound satge is dead accurate and no sway around, my previous pre was Pass XP-20, one of the highly prised pre, can't generate so evenly sounding satge, and is more trebly than Ayre.

At least I can be sure one thing, KX-R has sweet but understated treble.
I own the Ayre KX-R and can highly recommend it . I heard many other preamps ,Krell , Levinson , A.R.C, B.A.T. , Marantz , Meridian , ect in my system and the Ayre just brought me closer to the music .
Tim