AR highend equipment by Cello

I remember ads for AR equipment designed by Cello back in the late eighties or early nineties. Was this equipment ever built and sold?
rickmac
Maybe this equipment was so obscure that no one remembers it. I remember ads in Audio inside the covers announcing this line. There were some pretty sexy shots of the faceplates in the ad. There was to be a preamp with tone control setup simular to and designed by Cello.And no, it wasn't their April issue! I think the relationship between Cello and AR is simular to that of Pass and Adcom. It is possible the equipment was prototyped but never sold. I heard a pair of ESS Transars in the early 80's which I'm not sure were ever marketed.
the cello variation of the ar would be akin to audio note's re-imagining of snell. the originals lacked nothing except a very high price tag.
If I recall clearly, this was the AR Limited line. The products were quite impressive in sound and appearance. I remember a demo of the entire ensemble at Sound by Singer.

Here's a link to some of it: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/acoustic_research/classic_limited_series/classic_limited_series_ads/ar_limited_ad/ar_limited_ad.html

Kal
Thanks Kal, you hit the nail right on the head. I've never seen any for sale on the used market. Is it in the BlueBook? The ad doesn't mention the Cello connection but I clearly remember reading about one, maybe in a CES report in one of the mags at the time.The 'Spectral Equalizer' mentioned in the ad is simular to what Cello offered, isn't it?
I think only about 150 pairs of the Cello Amati speakers were made. They occasional come up for sale on Audiogon.