DCS Puccini into Lamm M 1.2 w/o preamp?

Hi,
any thoughts about going directly from a DCS Puccini into the Lamm M 1.2 monos? I've read that the Puccini should work pretty good fed directly into a power amp. Currently I'm using a ARC Ref 3 with a pair of Parasound JC 1, planning to substitute the JC 1 with the Lamms to get more body and weight to the sound. Speakers are the Isophon Cassiano with the diamond tweeters.

Thanks!
Martin
mluding
@Rtn1
might be that the Lamm preamp would even better the Ref 3 but unfortunately I'm remote control dependent... ;-)
It all depends on the input impedance of the amps - Lamm are 41 Kohm - it should not be a problem driving them direct with DCS. Although, truly great preamps will give you better dynamics and better transient attack, especially on low listening levels.
I'm with Kyomi_audio on this one. The problem is what defines a 'truly great preamp'. I have a very short list :)
I have been searching for a great preamp for many years. I have yet to find THE one. But while I wait, my DCS plugged direct into the amps is by far the finest of sounds. Loud or soft.

If you fancy rounding your sound or dumbing down your CD collection so that even the bad CDs sound nearly as good as the great ones, then maybe getting bogged down in the preamp dilemma is a way forward. For all others DCS direct in is no slouch. Spend the money you saved on a great cable.
Chadeffect - would you please share with us which preamps among the ones you tried "dumbed your CD collection?"

I agree that a preamp has to be amazing to match the transparency of DCS plugged in direct. However, in our experience, preamps like that do exist - although not too many.....