Mods for ARC preamp / amp

There's a company called Great Northern Sound advertising on Audiogon saying they can do some pretty amazing mods on ARC gear. Has anyone out there used them? Were you satisfied by their work? I have an Arc ref 3 / ref 110, before I consider handing them over for a mod, would really like to hear from all of you. Thanks.

Erik
ebe
GNSC warranty the work they do for one year and they can repair any amps and pre-amps ARC has ever produced. They will not perform mods or repairs on the CD players.
GNSC is not a backyard mickey mouse outfit. They have been in business for many years.
ARC will not refuse to work on a unit that has been modded by GNSC. There is a REF 1 GNSC modded for sale on Agon and the ad says that the unit was looked over by ARC and everything is in perfect working order.
No worries Ebe.
I can't really see buying a product that expensive and then turning it over to someone to hotrod. If the sound is not to your liking, move on and try some other gear. If a ten grand pre is so bad it needs to be sent out for mods, then imo, it must be really junk. Also, I would think the resale value would drop radically. Never buy used gear that has been modded. It is yours for life.
I agree with you. When a player is modded the flavor of the preamp is now changed from what the original designer wanted. This does not mean it will always be better. If you don't like this manufactures sound move on.
6550c, I think you are missing the point or over simplifying matters. I like ARC products build qualities, etc., but not the house sound, which can be changed by installing different components, etc. Similarly with Wadia, nice machines but so tempremental and noisey, which can be fixed.
I don't care who the manufacturer is, most are built to a price, that goes for speakers, turntables, cartridges, etc.
By experts listening to them and modifying or tweeking, the product can be improved upon or changed to suit the specifications of the owner.