Mods for ARC preamp / amp

There's a company called Great Northern Sound advertising on Audiogon saying they can do some pretty amazing mods on ARC gear. Has anyone out there used them? Were you satisfied by their work? I have an Arc ref 3 / ref 110, before I consider handing them over for a mod, would really like to hear from all of you. Thanks.

Erik
ebe
6550c, I think you are missing the point or over simplifying matters. I like ARC products build qualities, etc., but not the house sound, which can be changed by installing different components, etc. Similarly with Wadia, nice machines but so tempremental and noisey, which can be fixed.
I don't care who the manufacturer is, most are built to a price, that goes for speakers, turntables, cartridges, etc.
By experts listening to them and modifying or tweeking, the product can be improved upon or changed to suit the specifications of the owner.
This logic does not buy with me. If you don't like the house sound of say an Audio Research Ref 5, try an Allnic or other brand at this price level. With the new component more liking to your taste you did not spend to modify, did not lose your warranty, and the value of the component remains on resale.
Those of you posting about modding do know that Steve Huntley worked for AR for years! He knows the product better than any of us ever could. Everytime I had a technical problem that Leonard couldn't answer guess who he would put on the phone to answer it? If the product is out of warranty you're going to pay for a repair anyway. Oh and just for the record AR has had plenty of send backs several times by me alone (Classic 120's) for not repairing the problem right the first time! They are good but not the end all with service. Let me add at least in the past they have been. Just because they built it initially doesn't mean it cannot be improved.Cars are another analogy of modifying with improved results. I don't see the naysayers bashing them? They (AR)have to cut production costs somewhere.
A few years back, someone posted the statement that "we're all as crazy as we can afford to be". I think it certainly applies when it comes to modding a $12k preamp. I certainly wouldn't do it....because I can't afford it. But who knows? If I had the bucks, I might take a shot at modding a unit.
In my humble opinion, replace the original ARC tubes by NOS tubes. Most remarkable improvement is the repalcement of the 6550 by a Tungsol Blackplate 6550. See discussion on audiogon