Edge NL 10.1 update

I have an Edge 10.1 amplifier. I am considering updating to the NL 10.2. Does anyone out there have any experience with this update? Is it worth the money for an already great amp?
rkochies
The cost is $3200..not sure all they do. They rebuild circuit boards with better, matched components. Supposed to be better than SE upgrade.
For Huntermusic-

Years ago, we were sent a new Edge amp, an M-10. We had already been quite happy with that model and needed a second one for speaker-burn-in/testing. Hooked it up and no bass, no depth, lifeless. So, we decided to run it HARD for a full week 24 hours/day, on obnoxious bass-heavy music. The result- still no bass. A pair of speakers with 12" woofers sounded like very small two-ways.

We spoke with Edge' designer and he advised turning that amp off and on 10-12 times over the next 48 hours while playing our music. Voila! Earth-shaking bass, and all else fell into place, sounding exactly like the other M-10 we'd already been using.

The designer's explanation was that the turn-on surge of current helps to 'form' the (large) power supply capacitors. Since then, any new component we obtain always has its AC power turned off and on at least 12 times over the first few days of its use, before we let it run non-stop.

In the case of the Edge amp (and other amps), we let the music continue to play in order to know the power supply is discharged completely (the music fading out), before we turn the amp back on. Although we use other amps, we greatly enjoy our current custom NL12-based Edge amp.

Best regards,
Roy Johnson
Designer
Green Mountain Audio
Roy, Thanks for your comment. I would have never turned off while playing music. My Edge has never sounded that way anyway. Bob Koch
Even if you turn your EDGE off while playing music the music will stop instantly. That is the way it is designed. The Edge nameplate light runs discharges the power supply I believe, as it takes a bit to slowly dim to off.