Magnepan 1.6 vs. B&W 805N

I have the 1.6 almost a year now bought it used. Somtimes i get bored with the maggies, im currently using it with a classe 20 pre and adcom 555II or 535 also planning to upgrade to classe 10 amp. I cant get the sound of i want from the maggies and since i'll go for the classe combo i'm thinking to go with the b&w 805N. I find a hard time dealing with dipole w/ my room. Any sugestions?
xtian_lugz
Wyred 4 sound has some pretty good amps out these days with 30 day trials... no harm in trying one.

Never heard them with Magnepans though.
If I were you I would keep the Maggies and upgrade your amp. I owned an adcom 555II 20 years ago. It drove my rear McIntosh ML1s in my first home theater complete with Laser Disc. When you upgrade you will be astonished as to the difference the change in amps will make. I have BW 801 and I am going to sell mine. Don’t buy the 805s the Maggies will be a better speaker.
I've owned several models of Magnepans,with the correct amplification they are stellar.Keep em.
If you do go with the B&W 805's then be SURE to at least get into the 805S's which is the last one that were produced before the recent swap to all diamond tweeters for the 800 series. The 805S's are superb speakers and in some ways can give the Maggies a run for their money especially
with a new amp that you are suggesting. Sometimes you just need to try things yourself to satisfy curiousity. You may end up coming back to the Maggies but at least you will have tried something else.

PS. The 804S's are even better and an often overlooked speaker in that line. They have to be the latest S version though, the older ones didn't cut it.
I recently tried a crusty old Perreaux PMF2000 SB which is about 30 years old and it blew a Rotel 1090 into the weeds!!! My 1.6's have never sounded so good and fantastic bass. I am going to try Xindak monos in the New Year. Keep the maggies they are stellar.