Tube or Solid State

My question is, to power a pair of Usher Dancer CP-8517 would you go with the McIntosh MC402 SS Amp, or the MC2102 tube amp?

I grew up admiring the idea of owning my own tube system. But I'm worried that the tube amp wont give me enough sound for what I'm used to. I'm used to playing my music loud and although I understand it isn't an ideal format, all of my library is digital.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
bt~
ntropy8
If you think you'd like tubes I think you should give them a whirl! Mac has great resale, or perhaps your dealer would let you demo them in your system.
If you can get both and compare.Not only for loudness but also for whether you think Usher benefits from tubes.Some speakers it's dramatic others it's not worth the loss in some area's like dynamics or bass control.I sold Mac before 2001 and loved sound of SS gear but have also herd the tube stuff at shop since.But it's your taste and the speaker as well as listening levels.
Chazz
J bailey, I'm LOL. I've been called a lot of nasty things in my life but never "a ss guy". :-) My post was an attempt at being pragmatic as opposed to a tube enthusiast.
Based on the limited information about the OP that we are working with so far, I'd say the SS will be the safer choice with the greater chance of fully satisfying and delivering optimal performance.

The tube amp may be a good choice as well, but can't say for sure without more info as requested early on, so it seems riskier at this point to me.
Any chance you can hear the 2 amps with the speakers before purchase;I have usher rw 729's driven with roland model 6 monoblocks and audiovalve challanger 180 mono's both do a excellant job;but I do prefer the sound of the tubes over the rolands only because female vocals and midrange seem to me to be more natural than my solid state however it is still very close.