Bryston Help

I'm looking to change up my system to find a better balance between warmth and detail. I'm currently using a Bryston 4B ST, Manley Shrimp, Bryston BCD-1, Kef 104.2 speakers, and Harmonic Tech Pro-Silway MK III+ interconnects and speaker cables. I'm getting tired of tube maintenance (I've used a lot of tube pre's over the past few years) and would like to switch to something solid-state but with some of the tube-like warm. I like the amount of detail the Bryston equipment provides (I've used the BP 26 as well) but find the sound to be a bit sterile. I'm looking to change my pre or my cd player and would like something with remote volume.

For pre's I've tried Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Signature, SF Line 2 SE+ (my favorite so far), McCormack ALD, Bryston BP5-25-26, NAD, and Manley. For cd players I've used Classe CDP 10 & 5, Rega Apollo-Planet-Jupiter, and numerous NAD units.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. My combined budget is $3500.

Thanks for the help.

Clayeton

128x128clayeton
I would try a Cary, Prima Luna or Rogue tube preamp and I think you would get what you are looking for with your existing amps. That was my experience when I switched to a tube preamp.

Also, if you don't like the sterile sound I would for sure steer clear of the Benchmark DAC, it's as dry and sterile as they come. If you decide to go with an outboard DAC and you want warm I enthusiatically endorse the MHDT Labs Havana, great DAC. I tried over 10 different DAC's and I eventually ended up with the new Bryston, it's stellar.
I've owned most of what Bryston offers in amps over a 25 year period.I would reinforce other aforementioned comments that the SST series is markedly superior to ST,simply more refined with a lower noise floor.I would reconsider the ss pre amp,in my opinion a Bryston requires a tube pre to maximize performance.
If you're looking for specific recommendations flip me a pm.
I switched from the Bryston BP-25 to a used BAT VK-42SE solid state preamp. The BAT is a fantastic match with both my Bryson 7B-SST and Bryston PowePak 300's. I prefereed it to the BP 25. The BAT is crstal clear and non-fatigueing.