Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Jessica Lea Mayfield Tell Me -produced by Dan Auerback of the Black Keys. Check out the review on Pitchfork (although I'd give it a solid 8.5). They did a very nice job mastering it too.
Oliver Nelson - "More Blues And The Abstract Truth" [MCA/Impulse! LP reissue '64/8?]

Max Roach - "Deeds Not Words" [Riverside stereo LP reissue '58/'68]

"Murder, Inc." [Time Series 2000 stereo LP '60] Large band crime jazz

Barney Kessel - "Barney Kessel's Swingin' Party At Contemporary" [Contemporary stereo LP reissue '63/'7?, rec. '60] Um, like the title sez...

The Kinks - "Face To Face" [Reprise mono LP '66]

The Fallen Angels - S/T [Roulette stereo LP '67]

The Sopwith Camel - "Hello Hello" [Kama Sutra LP reissue '67/'73]

Van Dyke Parks - "Song Cycle" [Edsel LP reissue '86, orig. WB '68]

Julian Bream - "The Golden Age of English Lute Music" [RCA Victor Soria Series mono LP '61] The playing's great, alas if only the recording were as swell the deluxe packaging
05-30-11: Rushton
Wonderful records, Al!
The Vivaldi is a Peter McGrath (recording engineer) marvel.
Thanks, Rushton. Yes, they are wonderful indeed! I'm gradually working my way through the best sounding recordings in my collection that I haven't listened to since prior to the several major system upgrades I've made in the last couple of years.

Best regards,
-- Al
Penderecki: Dies Irae, Polymorphia, De Natura Sonoris; performed by the Cracow Philharmonia Orchestra, Chorus, conducted by Czyz, with soloists Woytowicz, Ochman, Ladysz(Philips PHS 900 184, M7/1). Really powerful and interesting music. It's an excellent recording, but unfortunately my copy's in very rough shape.

Stravinsky: Concerto for Piano and Wind Instruments, Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra; performed by the L'Orchestre da la Suisse Romande, conducted by Ansermet, with soloist Magaloff (London STS 15048, Orange-silver label; reissue of CS 6035, no SXL pressing). Old Ernie does a great job on this record--at least I think so, since I'm no expert. One thing's for sure: soundwise, it's pretty much a demostration disc. I'd love to hear the original CS, but it's hard to imagine it would be significantly better than this STS.