Under $10k budget Preamp suggestion, please.

I'm upgrading my system and considering next preamp right now in this budget. If possible, I'd like to find ones having retail price around $5-8k. Here's my setup

Transport: Hiend music server using Digital balanced + Superclock as master
D/A: Esoteric D-05 slave to transport
Pre: Considering here.....
Power: Spectral DMA 180 (May change later)
Speaker: Rockport Ankaa

I'm considering Karan KA L at the moment since I couldn't think of better alternatives right now. I feel my system needs a bit more lower frequency for suitable tonal balance because D-05 has inferior bass comparing to Alpha DAC which almost fits in my system.
windowsx
Cary SLP-05 and Modwright 36.5 are both outstanding. I have the Cary and it was a great purchase.
How about a little more information about your system, and your requirements?
Such as:

Do you require a full function preamp, or merely a line stage preamp? (i.e. do you need a phono stage?)

Do you need a remote control?
(And if so, can you live with a minimal remote, (i.e only control volume and mute), or do you want it to handle everything?)

Do want it to be a fully balanced design?
(i.e. do you use XLR cables?)

Do you have a preference between Solid State or Tube?

By narrowing this down for us, it will help us make a more informed recommendation for you.

You probably should have gone with those Verity Audio speakers with the rear woofers. That would have hyped up the bass quit a bit.
Thank you for your suggestions. I personally prefer fully balanced solid state preamps at the moment since Spectral can be no good with tube preamp from my past experiences. First Sound might be my next choice of upgrade after new poweramp though.