Cary 805s or Atma Sphere M60s?

Currently have a pair of 805s with an SLP-05 preamp, and 91db Vienna Acoustic speakers with silk tweeters coupled with anti-cable autoformers (all SET amps should have these autoformers-do yourself a favor and try them out). Thinking about an OTL amp. Are they everything they're cracked up to be, or what about push-pull amps? I'm just like you guys I love tube sound, dynamics, soundstage, richness, air, and detail. Is one configuration outstanding above another? I want to hear your thoughts and experience.

Eric.
erfranke
Charles1dad,
Thanks. I'm positive your system is very special. Curious as to how loud you like your listening level?

Pubul57,
I think specs have to be interpretted correctly to get theory to hand off to practice. I see my Maggie specs as, 1: a very flat 4 ohms (flatter the better for tubes and especially SET's). 2: bass is around 5 ohms, mid 4 ohms and treble mid to high 3 ohms. 3: crossover freq has a bump instead of a dip (tubes like that, don't have to dump a lot of current as in a dip situation). 4: They are a line source so they will sound louder than a point source of the same sensitivity.

The catch of course is you can only go to x loudness with x amount of power. It has to fit ones desires. SET's have such vanishing low distortion at low power levels that I really enjoy them on the Maggies at my desired level.

FWIW, I had VSM's back in the 90's. From what I remember of them and what I heard recently when I demoed an S-30, I think that would be a great combo.
Thanks Onemug. I recently read the reviews of the 3.7 which sounded very interesting indeed. The I went to the Mag website and reading the stuff on type of amplifier needed and they almost defined a "good" amplifier as one that doubles down output between 8 ohm and 4 ohm and started thinking this leaves me out, at least with the M60s, and most other tubes amps, sounded like a recipe for SS which I will not do. So perhaps this hope, I know they use to show with ARC for many years so you would think it must works with certain tube amps. You are right of course, for tube amps, smooth impedance is the key, and just enough watts.
Onemug,
I`d say on average 70-85db (depends on the CD) listening levels, I find that I can also listen at 55-60db range and maintain a good sense dynamics and lively energy with very good resolution and engagement.
I have owned and compared an Atma-sphere S-30 and a pair of Shuguang S845 MK monoblocks and the 845 sets were far better than the Atma driving my 16 ohm 101 db Zu Soul Superflys.

The Atmas left me numb when I'd listen--not very musical at all.

I disliked the MA-1s driving my buddy's Daedulus Ulysses speakers--actually flat out hated the sound (which is an extreme I don't normally feel in hifi) but I think synergy was way off in that rig.
Gopher - I can't comment on the Shuguangs, having never heard them, but I can see not liking the Atma/Daedalus combination. I did get to hear a recent pair of Daedalus in someone's home (they did not have the upgraded caps in the crossover). I found them to be very bright and aggressive in the highs and upper midrange. This was a surprise, as I had read very good things about them on line, and had heard one of their pro stage combo amps with an electric violin, and it sounded phenomenal (but that was in comparison to other stage gear, not high-end home gear). I would say they definitely need something that will warm up the sound, and the AtmaSpheres won't do that.