Pass Labs:What to expect fm XA60.5 to XA100.5

Hi Guys,

Some of you may know that I have some buzz/hum issue in one of newly received XA60.5 mono blocks. The dealer diagnosed the problem and determined the transformer needs replacing. Since the XA60.5 is only few days old so I am given the chance to get a replacement set or I could top up the price difference to get the X350.5 or XA100.5s when my dealer gets their stocks in the next 3-4 weeks time.

Kudos to Pass Labs and the dealer's service for all the patience and after sales services...certainly very much appreciated and glad I go for Pass Labs.

As such, I have 3-4 weeks to listen to the current XA60.5 in my system while waiting for the stocks to arrive and make the final decision on the swap/upgrade.
elmerpoh
If I were you I would contact Pass Labs directly and talk to them about your dealer. I think it's ridiculous that you cannot audition these amplifiers. You're a proven customer. Does your dealer really expect people, particularly people who have shown that they are real buyers, to buy $10k plus equipment without seeing and hearing the product? It's even more outrageous that you're being so terribly disrespected after receiving a defective product. There's no way you should tolerate being treated so poorly!

Alternatively, for the price of the items you're considering the cost of a plane ticket to a dealer who has the items in stock and allows potential buyers to audition is not all that significant.
07-15-10: Onhwy61
If I were you I would contact Pass Labs directly and talk to them about your dealer. I think it's ridiculous that you cannot audition these amplifiers.

Alternatively, for the price of the items you're considering the cost of a plane ticket to a dealer who has the items in stock and allows potential buyers to audition is not all that significant.
An excellent point, and an equally excellent alternative.
If the amp is going back to Pass for repair anyway, perhaps you could just contact Mark @ Reno to set up an audition of the XA100.5 and the X350.5. I'm sure Pass and Reno could work out an accommodation as customer service is a top priority for them.

Scratch that, I just noticed you are in Singapore. The dealer should let you audition. If not, contact Pass and find another dealer. Should should hear the difference for yourself.
Excellent and very valid points guys,
I will need to have a good talk with my dealer.

Hope this unfolds well...

Thank you all for the inputs.

Cheers