Digital Amps vs Solid State Amps

Has any one compared a fully broken in, quality digital (class D) amp to a solid state (class A) amp. We have a Levinson 333.5. Other than light weight, less electrical draw, and cooler operation, will Class D amps out-perform Amps similar to to the 333.5? We are driving Thiel 3.6's.

Frequency extension, depth, holographics, bass control, treble control, slam, dynamics, staging, detail, mids, etc are it.
levchappy
Thanks all for your thoughts;

I believe the digital amp technolody has a ways to go. Linn started the idea in the mid 90's. Perhaps in 5 to 10 more years of product developement all the questtions of power supplies and perhaps hybrid designs will emerge.

I just hope Harmon International does not become the Benchmark of new product design where cost reduction in in quality and transfer of facilities to India becomes the reality.
What Tvad said. Either can be top notch. Personal preference in sound is a factor. Also make sure the amp is capable of driving the speakers to the max. For many less efficient designs, Cladd D and IcePower in particular will do this more cost effectively meaning you will pay a premium for Class A power so be sure of what you really need to sound not just good but the best your speakers are capable of sounding in your room.
first, 'd' doesn't stand for 'digital'....it was the next letter in order to be used.

My ASP / ICE moduled PSAudio integrated is fast, accurate and plays well with my panels. I wouldn't call it lean OR bloated. I may not have enough background and audition / listening experience, but this amp is totally satisfying and musical.

At pretty loud levels I have used my DVM and only see about 8 volt peaks shoot by. I'm sure by the time I hit 35v peaks, the police would be banging on the door.
Are we talking about the "real" digital as in TacT or just transistor variation of the solid state?