Wyred 4 Sound.....Anyone?????

Has anyone experienced Wyred 4 sounds stereo, multichannel or pre amp models. How do they compare to say, Parasound, Bryston, Nad, Boulder, Krell, Anthem, Cary Audio.etc??? Are they more geared to home theater or stereo or both??? Comments greatly appreciated..

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
I have an ST500 and I find the choice of power cord does make a significant difference. I really like the Nordost Brahma cord which is then plugged into a Nordost Thor. My set-up is probably a bit unusual for an amp in this price range whereby the cord is almost as much as the amp, the power center twice the price and the preamp five times the price.

The stock cord isn't bad. I preferred it over a 12 gauge PS Audio cord I have which tended to sound thin. I have not tried an assortment of cords other than to note what works for me.

If you check my systems, you can see I enjoy tubed components. My ST500 has the WBT outputs which I'm told makes a noticeable improvement vs the standard terminals. I find that the sound is not like SS amps I've had before nor is it the same as tubes. I enjoy the amp.

Nice systems Rhljazz, and thanks for the input on the power cords. Let me get this clarified, are the stock cord and the P-1 cord that wyred sells on their site the same cord?? I am assuming they are not but if they are I don't want to order a P-1.

Dan
The standard cord was a generic looking 14/3. The P-1 cord is custom according to Cullen literature. Another member Plato, is using MAC pipes on his W4S and his system sounded great to me as well. I would also be tempted to try one of the entry Shunyata cords.
Well I believe I am going to try one of the MAC cords also. Until I get the Mac I have some different "entry" level cords to compare Signal Magic Power and Element Cable P.C. anyone with further input feel free to respond.

Dan
I know this is an old thread but will try anyway...anybody compare the Balanced connection performance vs. SE?