Best match for Cary SLP98 Preamp

Need help finding a good match of tube monoblock amplifiers for my Cary SLP98 preamplifier, to support a pair of vintage Dahlquist DQ-10's. The DQ-10's are quite power hungry, so I am not sure what how big the amps need to be. Would like to stay vintage. Listening Room is 13' x 14'.
bdp35
Vintage tube amps are not really made for power hungry speakers. Do you know the sensitivity and resistance behavior (min Ohm) of the venerable DQ10 ? I would venture that you will need a more modern set up, as even SS amps of a certain age can get zapped with a high current draw. This happened to me with a really "good" Marantz 250M. It caught fire I am not kidding! I sort of overloaded it (long story). Obviously I am not implicating Marantz but you do need to excersize some caution and the better part of valor may be in supplying the DQ10s with amps capable of high curent delivery of a more recent vintage. Just some common sense.
I found publishing numbers on the Dahlquist DQ-10 that say:

Frequency Response: 37Hz - 27kHz +/-3dB
Efficiency: 86dB/1W/1M
Crossover Frequencies: 400Hz, 1K, 5K, and 12.5K

Looking for a good set of powerful tube monoblocks (used or seconds - roughly $1,500) to run them.
Cary V12 is a good match sonically and visually ... should be enough power in your relatively small room maybe even in triode mode.

Jeff
Ditto the recommend on the Cary V12 - and you can easily switch from the sweeter triode mode to the more powerful ultralinear operation when you need more oomph. Great match with the SLP98!