new to tubes

i have never had any tube equipment and am thinking about trying it out. i am learning slowly about it and thinking about taking a leap with a lower priced piece. i currently have a Cambridge Audio 840v2 integrated amp and a pair of Fritz Grove monitors. my only source is a Squeezebox Touch. i already plan to get an Eastern Electric Dac. my only concern is how much power is enough to drive the groves as they are only 86db efficient. my room is only 13'x 11' treated,and i dont listen past 92 db. i'm thinking on the lines of a Jolida 502b to start. trying to stay under $1000 used. any thoughts?
rayray8
11-16-10: Rayray8
spoke with Fritz and tubes are a definite go!
What did he say was the minimum impedance of the Grove speakers?
tvad, its an 8 ohm speaker and im sure it dips lower at different frequencies but most tube amps including the one i ordered have 4 and 8 ohm taps. all i have to do is try each output and decide on which i like.
Rayray8, you're missing the point that was made earlier about minimum impedance. I am well aware of tube amps that have 4 and 8 ohm taps. I've owned several myself.

I have also owned 8 ohm nominal speakers that didn't sound correct on either tap due to the impedance dip, and this despite the well respected manufacturer claiming the speakers were "tube friendly".

It's always a little baffling to me when speaker builders don't specify the minimum impedance of their product and rather just tell the owner that it'll be no problem driving them with a tube amp.

Enjoy the journey. It's half the fun.