new to tubes

i have never had any tube equipment and am thinking about trying it out. i am learning slowly about it and thinking about taking a leap with a lower priced piece. i currently have a Cambridge Audio 840v2 integrated amp and a pair of Fritz Grove monitors. my only source is a Squeezebox Touch. i already plan to get an Eastern Electric Dac. my only concern is how much power is enough to drive the groves as they are only 86db efficient. my room is only 13'x 11' treated,and i dont listen past 92 db. i'm thinking on the lines of a Jolida 502b to start. trying to stay under $1000 used. any thoughts?
rayray8
Rayray8, hopefully you'll be ecstatic with the tube amp.

*If* the sound is a little bass shy, or *if* the speakers sound too bright, then I would suggest you look first to the amp/speaker match before you start to fiddle with anything else...like wire, source, power, etc.
i fully understand what you are talking about. bottom line is i spoke with fritz who has used tubes with the speakers and recommended me several amps in my price range that he actually has. i also know there are others who use tubes with these speakers and all is well. i'd rather take the advice of the speaker builder and of those that actually have these speakers then that of people just speculating. i appreciate the opinions and yes, i am learning and new to tubes, so im sure there might be some trial and error associated.
If you do some research, e.g. reading something like Robert Harley's "The Complete Guide to High End Audio" (especially the chapter about amplification), then there will be no trial and error (nor speculation) regarding proper speaker/amplifier matching.

FWIW.
i spoke with fritz who has used tubes with the speakers and recommended me several amps in my price range that he actually has.
Rayray8 (Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Specifically, which tube amps did Fritz recommend? It'd be helpful to have this posted for future owners to research in these threads.
Tvad that was the reason for asking my earlier question as well;it would be very helpful to have the the information of what the maker said would be a match for his speakers and which are not.