Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Sorry you guys haven't received the Supratek's yet...

I know of someone who is selling a Cortese - I don't know the details of the unit other than the fact that its new - just received at the end of May. The current owner has had some health problems recently and its put a significant financial burden upon him, which is why he must sell. If anyone is interested in the Cortese, please let me know - I can put you in contact with the seller. It might be a fast way to get a "new" unit.
Would love to, but don't need phono and the Cortese would be considerably more expensive. Otherwise I would snap it up in a heartbeat.

Warren
Hang in there guys, I ordered my Syrah before everyone started ordering them and it took 12 weeks to get mine. My point is that although I know you guys are going nuts with all this waiting I am sure Mick is doing his best with all the orders he is getting. This preamp is a pure joy to listen to, and it only gets better with time. I have never heard an audio component tht sounds so natural. By the way, when I ordered mine Mick said it would take about 3 weeks and it turned into 12 weeks, but he was working on the new Parafeed design. Mine was the first to be shipped with this design.
Just got an email from Mick and he said he thought he would have my Supratek ready in 2-3 weeks. I will keep you guys posted.

Warren
Found this thread yesterday and have been drooling ever since...I'm currently using an ARC LS16Mk2 into a VT100Mk2 and Avalon Opus speakers. The description of the Supratek sound is very alluring. How does the ordering process work? Does Mick charge your credit card when you order or when he ships (i.e. what is your financial risk until receipt?) Can anyone comment on the sound of the Cortese vs. the Chardonney? I use only CD and SACD, so the phono stage is not important. Thanks for your input.