Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Bluebottle, this is slowhand. I have a Supratek Syrah. To answer your questions, the shipping cost me $130 to ship via Fed Ex which as I understand it is the only way Mick will ship. That price is very resonable for shipping a 48lb. piece of equipment from Australia. The customs fee was $152. The bill for that came about 6 weeks after I got the preamp. Yes the unit is supposed to handle long length ic's with no problems. The sound of the unit IS as good as everyone says! I have never enjoyed my system as much as I do now.
Tim, my suspicions are yes and I don't know.

But I don't want to speak out of school and post any erroneous information. Send Mick an email and he usually responds within a day or two.

Warren
What do you guys thik of something like this? A multi-channel Supratek (with phono).
Bwhite - That's so cool...how did you do that, meaning, what software (other tools) did you use to create this rendition - just wondering...