Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
While i have only compared the TJMesh against Takatsuki on my Wavac Ec300b, the difference is night and day. What makes the Takatsukis such a treat is the completeness of harmonic overtones combined with stunning impulse and decay. While my EATs have the slam, they don't have the Takatsuki's harmonics nor the decay. The TJs are fun on rock but ultimately too loose to be in contention. Can I also suggest that any comparisons are done with proper tube dampers, since the ringing characteristics differ with again the TJs being most affected
Hi Antigrunge,
What improvements do you hear with the dsmpers and which ones do you use? I know Herbie Audio Labs makes some.
Hi Charles,
I don't think many people would get me thinking about swapping out the BT from the Franks but your comments on the Takatsuki's have.
Quick question. Could you go back to the BT and be happy?
1450 is a lot more then the BT's. Right now I'm happy.

Regards,
I use duende criatura on both rectifiers and output tubes. Other than reduced ringing benefits include a significantly tightened bass as well as increased air around individual instruments in a deepened soundstage. Well worth it.
Antigrunge,
Thanks for your reply,I may try some in the near future.

Montejay,
That`s a very good question you raise.As I`ve said before I was very satisfied with the sound of the BT tubes.I had the fortune of listening to a pair of Western Electric 300b (re issused version 1990s vintage) in the Frankenstein amp today(thanks to a very kind loan). While okay,I preferred the sound of the BT by a comfortable margin,It`s more natural,lively and involving.

I do believe there`s synergy at work here, some 300bs just perform better in certain amplifiers. The BT just mates ideally with the Frankenstein. Other amps are voiced with the WE and will sound superb with them no doubt. If I had to go back to the BT I 'could' still enjoy this tube.
Montejay,having heard the Takatsuki-TA in the Frankenstein I must tell you it is in a class above in every way.This tube is simply special. Would this apply to all amps? I certainly could`nt say with any authority. The BT is IMO a 'very' good - near excellent tube,the Takasuki relatively speaking is a stunning tube across the board.

The problem is of course we don`t share the same pair of ears,you could disagree with my impressions. Given the high cost of the japanese tube, well it`s a genuine bargain for what it has done in my system. As you know the Franks are so darn transparent and resolved, you`ll hear even the smallest nuance of difference with each tube quite easily. Montejay, with you Pure Refernce speaker you will clearly hear it all without question.
Best Regards,