Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Aloha Brian,

Listening and tube rolling.

So far, mighty impressed.

Want to spend more time to really flesh things out, but this pre is everything you said it was.

BTW, my pre was held up in some customs snafu. It took much longer to get here than it should have.

I will report back.

Aloha,

Warren
Aloha Warren, glad to hear that you recieved your preamp and that you are enjoying it. Hey Brian, I have a pair of Ken-rad Black Glass VT-231's on their way to me. They are in original military boxes. I will let you guys know how they sound. If they sound any better than my Tung-Sol 6sn7 Round Plates, I am not sure I can stand it! Six months with this preamp and I still can't stand to turn it off!
Slowhand

Is there any improvements using Tung-Sol 5881? Will you able to share with me about the type of tubes that you are using on your ARC VT100.2? I have 6550 Tung-Sol on VT100 and unable to find eight of them at reasonable price.

Many thanks in advanced,

Jeff
Hi Jeff, the Tung-Sol 5881's have a more musical sound to my ears than the stock 5881's. The stock 5881's sound a little harsh and edgy compared to the Tung-Sols. I felt the stock 5881's were fine until I put in the Tung-Sols.The Tung-sols are smoother and get me closer to the music. When I first put the Tung-Sols in, I prefered the stock tubes because they sounded more dynamic, but after taking the time to compare the two, I was mistaking dynamics for the slight edge that the stock tubes create. As for my ARC 100.2, it is a solid state amp. You are mistaking it for the ARC VT-100mk2. I compared the two amps when I bought mine and prefered the SS 100.2. It has that nice liquid sound of tubes, but without the excessive heat and cost of replacing power tubes.