$3500 to spend on a tube preamp....ideas?

Suggestions? Amps are Herron M1 monoblocks, Speakers Von Schweikert VR4-JR's. I borrowed a McIntosh C2300, and while it was good, it wasn't THAT much better than my Modwright 9.0 Signature. Bass was a little deeper, soundstage a bit more open, instruments more focused, but again, probably not worth $3500 to upgrade to. Also had an LS26 from ARC in my system, again, similar performance level to the C2300 and slightly more dynamic than the Modwright. With $3500 to spend, is there anything that can get me to that next level in dynamics? I am really happy with the other hardware in my system.

ideas: Herron VTSP3a, Rogue Athena
VAC Standard LE, Modwright LS36.5, Conrad Johnson Premier LS 16II, Dehavilland Mercury 3:

other options?
chiho
Look at the new Ming DA MC300 pre/amp. The MC2A3 pre/amp (not from ebay) sounds very good and this new pre looks like they have added much better parts.
The MC2A3 pre/amps that are not from ebay still contain counterfeit parts such as "Rudeyconn" caps and fake M-caps.
Without mods they sound veiled, colored, and anemic in the bass department.
I am very happy with my Dude from TRL, especially after the power supply upgrade. To summarize it in one sentence, it sounds more like live music.
I would also recommend Shindo for preamps. Check the Pitch Perfect website. Occasionally, Matt gets used units back as customers "trade up" to other Shindo models. One of the benefits of buying through Matt is this extremely liberal trade up policy. I just traded up from a Masseto to a Vosne-Romanee a few weeks ago and got full credit for my original purchase.
Find a used Cary SLP-05 with polystyrene caps. I've seen them for $4,000, so you might need to save a little more money before buying, but it will be worth it.