$3500 to spend on a tube preamp....ideas?

Suggestions? Amps are Herron M1 monoblocks, Speakers Von Schweikert VR4-JR's. I borrowed a McIntosh C2300, and while it was good, it wasn't THAT much better than my Modwright 9.0 Signature. Bass was a little deeper, soundstage a bit more open, instruments more focused, but again, probably not worth $3500 to upgrade to. Also had an LS26 from ARC in my system, again, similar performance level to the C2300 and slightly more dynamic than the Modwright. With $3500 to spend, is there anything that can get me to that next level in dynamics? I am really happy with the other hardware in my system.

ideas: Herron VTSP3a, Rogue Athena
VAC Standard LE, Modwright LS36.5, Conrad Johnson Premier LS 16II, Dehavilland Mercury 3:

other options?
chiho
I am assuming the Cary SLP05 sounds the exact opposite of the SLP98 ( which turns your system into an am radio regardless of what caps you upgrade it to and what tubes you put in, but thats my opinion based on comparing it to something like the Dude and the Lumi)
Johnsonwu, I think Ming Da may have taken your recommendations and started using much better internal parts. Now it looks like they are using some Jensen caps and US made resistors. If you ever get your hands on the MC300 please write a review like you did on the MC2A3. They have also updated the MC2A3 version to MC2A3x8 I believe. MC300 looks like this http://www.mei-xing.com/English/cp/3_300.html
The x8 got a few of my friends fooled.
It's EXACTLY in the x8 that we found these fake caps.

Follow this link to see the pride of ming da: 68.183.226.200/mc2a3-2/FakeFilamentCaps.JPG

$800 is a good price though, not a penny more.

No respect for tube specifications, and a rip off of Allen Wright's 3 stack totem pole follower.
looks like Ming DA is stepping up a bit with the MC300. At least they show using some Jensen's.