Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I really like this thread, because everyone here seems to be really enjoying themselves, and their systems. I would love to see more of this on other threads around the forum. You guys are doing what it is all about, and I feel alot more comfortable over here than on the other pages. Hope you don't mind me sharing a little of the joy that you all are experiencing. I'd really love to hear one of these Syrah preamps, but listening to you owners is the next best thing. Maybe it will be for me, in 2003.

Hey Twl, If you're ever in the Asheville, NC, area, you're more than welcome to come over to my house and listen. Heck, if you're willing, I'll even let you do some tweaks to my turntable :-).

You're right. On top of landing an unbelievable pre, I've really enjoyed the good will and helpfulness on display in this thread. Great stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the dampers, Fiddler.

Walter, thank you. I don't live too far from the Asheville NC area, so that may be a possibility. I would enjoy that. I doubt your turntable needs any tweaking, but I am flattered that you would consider me for that task. I really would like to hear that Syrah with your analog front end. Perhaps one day soon, when my car is out of the repair shop, I could contact you.

Hey, That's excellent, Twl! I would enjoy it immensely. When your car is out of the shop, please do contact me. I'm actually about 30 miles west of Asheville--but still fairly close (perhaps even closer for you?). I just can't imagine a guy with your experience and knowledge wouldn't appreciate the Syrah. Best Regards.
Hey Fiddler, where did you get the Hal-O-Rings and how much did they cost? Does one ring per tube do the job? I have seen them somewhere, but I can't remember where.