Do you leave your components on 24/7?

Lately I've been leaving my components on all the time, on the assumption that a) they'll be ready when I want to listen, and b) the on/off cycle ages the equipment (tubes, anyway) faster than leaving everything on. Is the latter a reasonable assumption?
128x128cmjones
I leave my system powered-up all the time. I wouldn't do so with a tube amp, but I find my heavily modified cj PV-12L sounds better with the tubes warm all the time. More importantly, the tubes last longer that way IMO.

Phil
From a safety and efficiency point of view for electronics, it is not good to leave anything on all the time unattended. It makes no sense whatsoever despite what people tell you. First a well broken in piece of equipment will be ready in about 15 minutes, and in this case, if a person can't turn it out first, do something for 15 minutes (like get a book or a good glass of wine, etc.) then that person really doesn't have time to listen anyway. Second, life of tube equipment or solid state for that matter degenerates quickly by leaving it on for long periods of time. It is funny how people wouldn't think twice about turning off all the lights and other components when not in use, but it is perfectly okay (for them) to leave massive amps and electronics on. For tube equipment, the tubes have a very finite life time, which will be eaten up very quickly if left on. For solid state, they also have a life cycle. But,the most important thing, is that it really doesn't take long to warm up equipment. So, save electricity and do it when you are ready to listen. to each their own. However, for me, 15 minutes and my system is ready to go and quite honestly, it sounds wonderful immediately after turning it on. I need time to get a snack, book and wine anyway, so that is fine for me.

enjoy
Minol, 15 minutes may work with your system but I have found at least an hour of warm-up gets you 75% of the desired sound, 24 hours and you have reached a 100%. A case in point is I had a Musical Fidelity solid state preamp. It sounded so much better after 24 hours of continuos operation! Here is some other food for thought, In regards to Audible Illusions preamps I know that the tubes are always on even when the power button is turned off. The only way to turn the tubes off is to unplug the power cord. Manufacturer claims this will keep them operating for the best sonics whenever you are ready to listen. Not sure how this effects tube life.
We repair technicians who work for the manufacturer love when you leave them on 24/7. Over many years the heat damage to the circuit boards or the brittle fragility of overheated wires in point-point wired amps makes them unrepairable (well, beyond economical repair, anyway) so we get to sell new amps and preamps.

You can always tell, even with the coolest running solid state units, which older components were left on or turned off during their lifespan.

I say turn them off. And if tubes, absolutely turn them off.
I tried Minorl's suggestion of having a glass of wine while waiting for my system to warm up...and I became too drunk to read my morning paper.