Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Tubegroover, your advice is sage.
Mark, your last post epitomizes the elegance of psychosis.
Stiltskin, I have a few thousand acres of land in northeastern Wyoming in which you might be interested.
Or perhaps a bridge connecting Brooklyn with Manhattan?
With your abandonment of discernment no wonder you feel so at ease.

Stiltskin,
Welcome to the club. Since there is not much of a way to audition Supratek gear, most all of us here have had to buy on faith and the testimonials of strangers. If you have spent any time reading through this thread, you know already that the vast majority of folks who have made this leap are very glad they did so. Happily, we have all abandoned discernment and are now enjoying the music like never before. My advice--not that you need it--is to avoid buying any bridges from bored (and boring) trolls. Save your money for NOS tubes. The stock are fine, but finding the right tubes for your system will take you to another level. We look forward to your report when your pre arrives.

Merry Christmas.
Tubegroover, your advice is sage.
Mark, your last post epitomizes the elegance of psychosis.
Stiltskin, I have a few thousand acres of land in northeastern Wyoming in which you might be interested.
Or perhaps a bridge connecting Brooklyn with Manhattan?
With your abandonment of discernment no wonder you feel so at ease.
Kut me to the Kwick Waltersalas!
I am bored and often boring except to those who respond to the trolls.
I have considerable experience with NOS tube-rolling and thus have amassed a sizeable collection of Telefunkens, Mullards, Amperex, Mazdas etc. Few improved the sound of the stock tubes supplied but they all made it different. Very different. If you all roll the tubes of the Supratek right out of the box then none of you is listening to the same preamp. Nor will you ever replicate its performance should you ever have to replace a tube, presuming NOS (not Chinese mimics)would still be available (the North American and EU verified stocks of NOS are bare, to be sure). But you can rest assured that you have the preamp deal of the century (20th, 21st?) until you try to send your beauty back to western Australia for servicing or updates. Abandon aural discernment. The Internet Rules!
Why even listen when your computer dictates your prediliction? And you're so sure you've found the next real thing.