Pass X vs XA amps sound quality in class A range

If you are one of those lucky enough and has the means to upgrade from the X (or X.5) to the XA (or XA.5) Pass labs amps, is there enough of SQ differences in low power ranges, say between 5-25W, where they all perform in class A mode, supposedly. Thanks for any insight!
tuong9906
I think Pubul57 is right. I suspect that the X600.5 and the XA160.5 are unlikely to sound the same, even at lower volumes. My understanding is that the circuitry designs of the two amps have significant differences, and that those differences are audible, even when both amps are operating in Class A. Certainly I can say that my X250.5 and XA30.5 didn't sound exactly the same, even when both amps were operating in Class A.

Your room is quite large, and you mentioned a tendency to listen at loud levels. So it is not a clear cut decision, IMO. It would ideal if you could audition the XA160.5's in your system, to see if they have enough power for your loud listening sessions. If it were me, and I could not audition the amps, I would take a chance on the XA160.5's. I have heard the XA100.5's, and to me, they sounded absolutely glorious. FWIW.

Hopefully other Pass owners with more experience than I have will offer their advice.

Bryon
Much thanks again for all comments, I think you have answered my questions, that they sound different even at low power levels.
I owned the XA160 and switched to the XA100.5 and now the XA160.5. I have a difficult speaker load in a small room and don't usually listen beyond peaks of about 95dB with mostly classical music. There is no comparison between the XA and the XA.5. The latter is much better at all volume levels particularly in the handling of and control over lower frequencies. Sense of ease/flow, dynamics and air/space are also better. The XA.5 current delivery and doubling of power as impedance halves are big improvements over the XA model.

These are glorious amps in my system, but they are quite expensive. You should try to arrange a demo in your very large room to see how they sound with your speakers in your system to be sure before you buy.

You could also try asking Kent at Pass Labs or contacting Mark at Reno HIFI if you don't have a local Pass dealer. I have found both gentlemen to be very helpful answering questions.

You can read a more detailed review of my impressions of Pass Class A amps on my Audiogon review of the XA100.5. I am admittedly quite biased as I have owned many of these amps.
Thanks Pete, you may have saved me some troubles to just go straight to XA.5 class! Although my room is huge, my listening habit is low to mid in volume, to protect my hearing. In fact, with the lowly X250, I rarely see the bias needle move at all ever. But when I throw a party, it's different!
Keep in mind that when you throw your parties you won't be critically listening so these amps will play way over their class A ratings with no risk of clipping as they convert to class AB. You wiill probably be safe with a lower powered one.