Do Mono Block amps provide better sound ??

My question: do monoblock amps, that is, one amp per speaker, provide better sound than one box stereo amp?? I have read that a pair of mono amps provide the best stereo separation, imaging, soundstage depth.... Besides, taking up more floor space or rack space, and the necessity running a longer interconnect if each amp is behind the speaker, is it really worth it?? Thank you Jim
sunnyjim
I use to believe mono blocks always sounded better .... until I got a McCormack DNA-500.
Serious plus side: You get shorter speaker wire runs (and long cool-man balanced wires are also 2 points extra for YOU), and monos just look cooler. It makes it seem like you MEAN BUSINESS in your cute little reproduced sound hobby, as long as a dog doesn't pee on them (don't ask).
You bet! Much better separation of the two channels. But without a good preamp you could lose some of that separation.
Timtim is right, the McCormacks are the exception. Excellent separation with soundstaging that is almost impossible to beat in a single chassis. Steve McCormack is right up there with the best in ss design in addition to Nelson Pass.