Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Baranyi, I would concur with Ecclectique concerning the Berning. So far as purchasing new over the prototype, the concern would be that the prototype may have been sitting in a box for years if you are not purchasing from a user. Be CAREFUL of this. I would be concerned about the capacitors which may or may not be in need of replacement which would then add to the cost of the amp and may not make it worth it over new. If the amp is operational and is guaranteed as part of the sale, this would be an option. The price should be commensurate with these factors.

There really isn't much risk if you have 4.5K to spend. It is a versatile amp that can work with many loads and since the amp is in short supply with a healthy demand, it insures the value will be maintained. It sounds to me that you really need to hear it first before committing. You should probably search out a user in your area. There are few products in this hobby that I feel comfortable recommending. With certain considerations in mind the zh270 is definitely one.
Baranyi,

If you are ever in Cincnnati, you are welcome to come over and hear the Berning and the Syrah in my system. By the way guys, I think Mick is using that 6c33 tube in his new 100wpc amps also.
Ecclectique,

I just recieved my 6F6G tubes. WOW, The detail and resolution of these tubes is amazing. Thanks for letting us know about them.
Allan Hagan has given me the number of a guy who used to have a zh-270 but now has a Ziegfried in Chicago. Allan said that there is a family sound and I will get the idea of how zh270 sounds. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Will I get an idea by listening to a different amp? Slowhand, I will take you up and come listen to your system. It would be a fun field trip!
Baranyi,
I am in Indianapolis and have the First Sound/Berning combination. You are welcome to audition if in the area.