Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
of Supratek thread length..

When I have first discover this threat it was already about 20 posts long, I got really intrigued, but thought it is to beautiful to be true. About 60th post I first time have written to Mike. He is matter-of-fact guy. It took me another 300 convincing posts to put Supratek in my audio plans. About 800 I made purchase decision and started discussing detail with Mike. After 1000th post put my deposit for fully loaded Sarah. I have filling that it is going to be my first audio product I have never listen to, bought under the influence of fellow audiophiles, and I'm not going to be sorry like so far I have always been. I have never had anything tubed, but on HT 2001 in NY I got enlighten to my avail that SS is not the best sound forever.
It would be interesting how many peoples bought Supratek outside of this very influential thread!
What PC cord would have the best quality for buck ratio. I would not like to spend a lot of money on PC.
Clipsal,
I would suggest that you send Bob Malecki an email and ask him to keep on the lookout for a good pair (almost) NOS Tungsol 6SN7's and to let you know when he finds them. He just told me that in all his years that he has only come across 2 pairs of what he thought to be true NOS Tungsol's. The Tungsol’s that he sent to me had readings of 2700/2800. I will be listening to them this weekend for the first time and post what I hear compared to the Neotron's (best 6SN7’s so far) that I got from Bob have been listening to for the last 2 months or so.
Clipsal

I am useing the Syrah, and not the Sauvignon. I am useing
the W.E.350B along with the Sylvania metal base 6SN7W, and the Bendix Redbank 6106 as the rectifier.

This combo has dynamics in spades, and the bass which had
been MIA with 5881's 6L6, etc... comeing from my Totem Mani II is simply amazeing. Very deep, tight, and well defined. I haven't tried the 6F6G but, the results should be simular based on what's being said about them. I have not tried them becouse Mick has not recommended useing them, If you run tubes that he says no to useing, what is that going to do to your warranty? Something to consider. He did in an e-mail tell me that 350B's are ok, just too expensive.

If you are after a more "tubelike" midrange tho, the KT-66
is a gorgeous performer here, but you will trade off some of the dynamics, and bass control that the 350, or 6F6G's (?) provide. The KT-66 along with the Tung-sol round plate is an excellant combo, especially for vocals and acoustic music.

I also like the 350B with the tung-sol round plate. You get the superior performance of the 350B, with a bit of
organic, or human touch to it, as opposed to the straight-
forward dynamics of the Sylvania's.

Sorry if my descriptions are on the weak side, I am no re-viewer by any stretch, but I am a pretty good listener tho
and I like to try and help if I can.

I would also like to add here, a VERY large thank you to Mr. Slowhand for starting this very remarkable thread. Without it I would still be listening thru mudd. Although I would have a hell of a lot more $ in my saveings account thank you very much.

And also thank you to the other Guru's, BWhite, Fiddler,
Tubegroover, etc... And the YODA of tube knowledge and info. MR. Ecclectique who have provided so much to all of us quiet types out here at no charge.

CharlieE
I can't believe audiophiles are buying preamps without auditioning them. After everything I have read on this website about letting your ears make the decision. I have to admit I am new to this hobby, and have recently purchased a pair of Heron i's. I have an amp on the way, and thought I might have picked out a preamp. I was looking at the VTL 5.5, but after reading all the positive responses to this thread I don't know if that is the right decision anymore. I quess I will send an e-mail to Mick inquring about this preamp, because if I don't I may never forgive myself. LOL.

TIM
Anybody receive their new Syrah/Chardonnay yet? If so, kindly mention the time when you ordered. I place my order for the Syrah early January(I think?). I know, not long enough yet but just want to "gauge" where I stand in the pecking order.

thanks