Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I am very interested in the Syrah or as it is called now the Chenin. I will e-mail Mick again today, and see if I get a response. A preamp that I buy will be the first preamp I have ever bought, tube or SS. I have been told that VTL matches great with Heron speakers, and I have been looking at the 5.5 which has a HT bypass on the front panel. I like that easy accessibility of the HT switch, and it sounds like the Syrah has that accessibility as well. One more question, is the remote still plastic or Aluminum or something different?
both of my preamps shipped with the plastic remote. wonder if anyone has tried to integrate the supratek preamps into one of those high-dollar universal remote jobs.
Saint2

I owned a VTL 5.5 in the past, and what I recall from the
manuel is that you have to adjust the volume seperately
with the 5.5 and your home theatre pre amp.The "Unity Gain"
wasn't a set and forget operation with that pre amp.

Also, even tho it is a fine "beginners" pre amp, it is
clearly inferrior to the Supratek pre amps in performance,
value, and looks. Honestly, there is no comparison. If you
have the funds, and you can stand the wait, skip the VTL and step up to the Supratek.
Well Charliee I think I will do just that. Mick sent me an e-mail today, and said the Chenin with HT pass through, and remote will go up in price the first of April. Until April it is the standard $2500.00. After April 1st it will be $2900.00, just thought people would like to know. This will be my first preamp ever, and a tube preamp at that. I have never had a tube anything, so I don't know what I am getting myself into, but it should be a lot of fun finding out, LOL.

Tim
Forgot to say on the last post that the remote is an extra $150.00, so total with shipping is $2790.00.

Regards Tim