Mccormack DNA-1 describe the sound characteristics

I own a DNA-1 (unmodified), TAD 150 signature, and Jolida 100 cd. I am using Morrow interconnects (MA2 & MA1) and the sound is fatiguing it is bright with little mid and low end. The sound is flat.

I tried rolling tubes in the TAD using the stock chinese, Mazda and Sylvania 12AT7, but the sound doesn't seem to change that much.

I am thinking the amp is the problem......??? Your help is needed in my delemia...

Do I invest 600 - 1K on moding the amp by Steve to improve the mids and low end?? Or do I just swtich gears to purchase a different amp with the sound qualities i desire???
dvdgreco
I have the DNA-1 matched with the ALD-1, unmodded, and find the sonics are great from top to bottom. I, too, am using the Jolida JD100, and found the stock tubes were lacking. I tried various replacements and ended up with a pair of Clear Music 12ax7's that I have been using for some time now, and have no desire to swap anymore. I'm currently using a set of B&W 805N's, with a B&W ASW600 sub. I'm waiting for a set of Gershman Sonograms to arrive to replace the 805's.
I am using Alon II speakers with the black orpheois bi-wired. The speakers are 88db I think. I took the jolida out of the equation and used my Luxman reciever as a tuner, but still the FM radio station music is lacking in bass & mids. The music just sounds slanted towards the high un-involving. I prefferred my B&K ST202 paired with B&K Pro 10MC pre. I've been over the wiring multiple times. I recently had a marathon burn-in of the Morrow interconnects 10+ days 24/7.

My debate is do I through 500 -750 into the amp? Could there be something wrong with the pre??//
The tube swapping in the pre did not seem to make a significant sound difference. Mazda NOS 12AT7, then Sylvania 12At 7 WA from the 50 -60s, and then the stock chinese tubes... They each should have had a significant sound difference, shouldn't they???
i sold the pro 10, but the limited minutes using it with the mccormack I noticed i didn't have to turn the volume more than a 1/4 turn before I was at high volume. As for the sound signature, high end more detailed & the bass was about thee same as it is now (can't feel at moderate high volume). I should have played it longer.
I have a TAD150 signature and I can assure you it is not bright sounding. It replaced a Melos SHA gold which is no slouch. I would try a different pair of speakers to gain a reference point. Upgrading your amp will only make a subtle improvement to the sound. My suggestion is try a subwoofer to balance out the highs. You might be surprised. Finally, I suggest listening to steady bass frequencies and switching phase on one and then both speakers and measuring output with a db meter. You may have a incorrectly wired speaker either internally or externally.