Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
One more thing. Am I the only one who has 6c45pi-E phono tubes? There is one post about 6c45n, but that's it. I have 4 NOS Russian military replacements. But, what else can I use? I have done quite a bit of research, and have found SOME data on this tube, but not much. Will the 417a work? 5842? Any of the myriad 12ax7's?

Somebody help!

Joe
Crapsmash,

I love your username, where did you come up with it?

Jphii, yes the 417a and 5842's will work in the phono section. Let us know the results of your phono tube rolling.
Slowhand,

Thanks, I'm was having a hard time finding something I could roll. I had a feeling...but I'm no expert on tube substitutions. I just wanted to know my options.

So far, the Syrah is everything it's cracked up to be. Sounds so much better than the pre stage in my Soro. Still playing with tubes. So far I'm running:

Tung sol 5881 & Mullard gz34 in the psu

Nos 6c45pi-e & RCA gray glass in the pre.

Still have a few more tubes on hand to try. I still need to figure out a way to run the Syrah through the Soro without going through the tape loop. Two volume controls is a pain in the a@#. Oh well, it's either that or the Belles 150. Time to sell some kit and get some new tube monos!

I'll keep all informed.
While I await my Syrah/Chenin, what tube combos should I be thinking about rolling into the unit?